Social Icons facebook Twitter YouTube Kanal Instagram


To get enrolled at Bielefeld University, you have to apply directly at the student's office (Studierendensekretariat). You will find the office at D0-104.

You can get more information about the procedure at the student's office or at their


The UniCard is the NEW Card at Bielefeld University which substitutes all older cards. The card has the following functions:

  • cashless payments in the university
  • copying and printing in the HRZ, Canon Shop and library
  • Borrowing books at the Library
  • Identification as an employee or student
  • Access to sport facilities at the university

How to get the UniCard:

  • register online with your access details, which you got by mail after getting enrolled at the university or after you got your working contract
  • upload your picture ->here
  • you will receive an email when your card is ready to be picked up
  • bring your ID or passport and 10 Euros to the InfoPunkt to pick up your card
  • insert the card into one of the machines close to the InfoPunkt to validate the card

After that you can start using it.

Semesterticket NRW − The ticket for the region

As an enrolled Ph.D.-student at Bielefeld University you will get the "Semesterticket" to use all buses, trams and trains in North-Rhine-Westphalia. To get the ticket you have to pay the social contributions ("Sozialbeitrag") and it will be sent to you by mail. The ticket is valid for the whole semester.

->Here you can see the region where the ticket can be used.
More detailed information you can find on the Website of the ->"AStA-Verkehrsgruppe".


Help Desk
Monday til Friday:
Room: C5-133

personensuche-Icon Our team
Welcome-Centre Flyer
Flyer for PhD students